November 1, 2006

In Honor of The King

While I may not have any sugar skulls or altars to share with you for Dia de los Muertos (but come by my house - believe me, I've got it covered), to honor the late, great EAP, I do have this:

This scary-as-shit skeleton mask was one of three I purchased for a quick trip to Graceland 11(!)years ago with the lovely Karla May and our friend, Erwina. It was a fairly spur-of-the-moment jaunt, just two days after I met my dear, dear T-Bone (Happy Birthday, you big hunka burning love, you), and was meant to mark the end of my first semester of law school. Trust me, I needed to unwind.

Here we are at a truckstop in Hope, Arkansas on the way:


Here we are admiring all The King's horses at Graceland:

And here's yours truly demonstrating a little move I like to call "The Strut":

And yes, I did rock the overalls and grey shirt pretty much the whole weekend. Cause that's how I TCB. RIP King. XOXO.

2 comments:

Karla May said...

Holy shite, I am LAUGHING my arse off.

My favorite is in the video of the trip where the skull mask is hanging from the rearview mirror of the car, and someone is making it "talk."

Where is that video, I wonder...

That was a good trip. Cold and rainy, but good.

I wonder what "D" is up to these days...

Man, we were drunk...

Anonymous said...

oh sweet jesus. that's going to give me nightmares.