November 19, 2006

Can You Hear That Buzzing?

We have been some busy little abejas over here at Casa de Bone this weekend. T-Bone completely emptied the garage and then cleaned and painted the floor. And then the walls where he got epoxy on them. With the exception of the tree, I put out all of my Christmas decorations - and there are a shitload, y'all - and I planted some rose bushes in the backyard. We also squeezed in Peach's dance performance Saturday, her basketball game Sunday, and a visit from my parents, including a trip to Threadgill's to get our veggies on last night. My mom and I did a little Christmas shopping yesterday and hit Hobby Lobby, Garden Ridge, and Target today. And yeah, I forgot AGAIN that Hobby Lobby is closed on Sundays for family and worship or whatever so there goes 30 minutes of my life I'd like back, please. Especially since I haven't stopped moving since 7 am yesterday.

But it hasn't been all "work" and no play for this mama. No way. I had a BLAST Friday night with a gaggle of blogging gals, most of whom I've linked to over there on the right, as we celebrated the return of Karla and rocked out to Bookhart's hubby's band. Badger and Karla have already posted about the events of that fateful night in way more interesting and colorful detail than I ever could, and I think Malcontent Mama has some photos documenting it all. Karla May was my date for the evening, so I got to talk to the Geej on the phone - she loves me - and I was reminded of the MANY nights KM and I spent tossing back cold brews and supporting various friends' and boyfriends' bands back in our rock and roll days. Oy. Going to random keg parties thrown by slacker 30-somethings got pretty old after a while, but we always had a great time, and we always looked FABULOUS. I'm glad I got to hang with her and the rest of my blogging pals - old and new! - and I think the sting has worn off enough by now that I can say I'm ready to do it all over again SOON.

No comments: