August 6, 2006

Home is where my big fat ass is

So, we're back. I'm tired, sunburned, and covered in mosquito bites, but we had an awesome time. Much to tell, just not tonight. I'll leave you with my favorite quote of the week, courtesy of my Southern belle grandmother, regarding the blackest sheep of the family of her dear best friend, who quietly "passed" on Thursday morning: "And that damn Tammy is nothin' but trash. You know she's been married three times? And she did time for selling drugs? In two different states! (pause) Actually, I don't know if she ever really married that first guy - that may have been one of those 'shack-ups.'"

P.S. Thanks to Nanny's cooking, I'm pretty sure I've gained back most of the weight I struggled to lose in anticipation of my GD high school reunion this weekend. So there's that, too. Sweet.

No comments: