August 22, 2006

Here's Your Answer, T

I have two dear friends, M and T, who I have known since elementary and middle school, respectively. M moved to Missouri after our freshman year in high school, and T moved to Pennsylvania after our junior year. We've kept in touch over the years, are there for the big events in each other's lives, and continue to encourage and entertain each other despite the distance. M's back in Missouri, and T's in North Carolina, but we're having a summit meeting in Vegas in October to reconnect, relax, and recharge. M managed to score us a suite at the Bellagio, so we'll be rubbing ashy elbows with the beautiful people, y'all, and we've got tickets to see Elton John in all his queenly glory one night. I'm just praying he throws the mother of all shitfits on stage and takes an ax to his red pie-ana. Wouldn't that be so awesome?!

Alas, I digress. One of the many reasons I love these girls is that they totally GET me and all my weirdness, and even if we go without talking for a while, we always jump right back to where we left off, laughing all the way. Both of them read this blog, although they are too shy to leave comments (ahem), so I have to share this gem of an email I received from one of them tonight:

I’ve been waiting for your blog on how you’re going to leave T-Bone and head to LA to look for the Black Crowes guy, since it looks like he will be single soon enough. Can you even put it into words what it is that you find attractive about him???

And when you become that little boy’s stepmother, will you please give him a decent haircut???

I have made no secret about my love for Chris Robinson, and I have and will go to great lengths to see the man any time. That said, given the current state of his relationship with what's-her-face, I'm not exactly celebrating, especially since they have a kiddo, and it seems that my boyfriend may have been the dumpee in this situation. Which I totally cannot believe, but whatever. As far as what it is I see in him, I think it's a combo of him and his music and his full on commitment to letting his freak flag fly, man. I just wanna love him up every time I see or hear him. And the fact that he weighs about half as much as I do doesn't dissuade me in the least. He rocks. Plain and simple.

And T, methinks you might need to start a blog. Well played.

No comments: