August 11, 2006

'86 KIX!

That was our class motto. You wanna hear our class cheer?

Foxy guys, classy chicks, we're the Class of '86! WHOOOOO!

Ugh. So, here we are on the eve of my GD high school reunion. I've looked at the latest list of who is supposedly coming, and I've noticed quite a few omissions. Where's the girl who jumped off the balcony while high on acid because she thought she could fly? Where's the guy who punched a hole through my windshield because he thought my girls and I were football players from a rival school? Where's the girl who was an absolute SPAZ who wore a yellow rain slicker with a beaver on the back that said, "Let a Smile Be Your Umbrella?" When we were 17?!

Damn. I think I know where some of them are. Sitting at home, laughing their asses off at those of us who forked over $55 PER PERSON for one event, Saturday night, with a DJ, appetizers, and a CASH BAR. Yeah, I know. I can't wait to see the gold tile floor and jewel encrusted thrones we must all be sitting on because why the hell else would it cost so much. T-Bone says we should call for an audit of the reunion committee's books because, seriously, somebody has to be making money off this thing. Numerous emails have been flying around for months, and one committee member said that actually they were planning something for Friday night, too, but they didn't want to TELL anybody until the last minute for fear no one would show up on Saturday - the magical night we get to pay out the nose for greasy potato skins and Dixie cups of Texas Trash. Drinks extra.

Don't get me wrong. I am looking forward to this. I actually enjoyed high school and had lots of friends, many of whom I still keep in touch with. But this reunion has a lot to live up to. At our 10 year, our class president got the DJ to play his country western CD (apparently he has a large following in Germany - Hasselhoff anyone?), and he lip-synched to his OWN song. While his wife walked around with a stack of CDs for sale. Which he would autograph for an extra dollar. No shit.

So, hell yeah, I'm gonna be there. I'm just going to fast all day today because I've got 55 bucks worth of appetizers to eat tomorrow night.

P.S. On a lighter note, check out the fierce shoes I got to go with my reunion ensemble. The reluctant shopper does love a good bargain, so I snatched these up for $36 - originally $75.

Still fresh from that bargain buzz, I splurged for this little cutie. Originally $55 - on sale for $10!

2 comments:

Karla May said...

Those shoes are mine betch!

Me said...

Damn, the lip-synching prez sounds pathetic.

My 20 year is in June, and I'm on the committee... should be interesting.

Our class cheer went something like this (I shit you not):

"Party hearty, rock and roll, down a keg and smoke a bowl! Drugs are fun, sex is heaven, with the class of '87!"

And people wonder why my old high school is now one of the state "failures," so bad that people are now allowed to transfer out of it?