August 9, 2006

And the winners are ...

After careful deliberation, I have selected the lineup for my compilation CD for this weekend, you know, my GD high school reunion weekend. I would love to 'splain my decisions in detail, but that wouldn't really make all this any less dorky. I had to tailor the music to its intended audience, and this particular "crue" of mine did not share my taste in new wave and punk (Where or where are you Nina Hagen? P.I.L.? Suicidal Tendencies?). So, may I present, a collection of pure 80s crapola:

1. On the Dark Side - John Cafferty
2. What I Like About You - The Romantics
3. Hold On Loosely - .38 Special
4. Wake Me Up Before You GoGo - Wham!
5. Your Love - The Outfield
6. Keep on Loving You - REO Speedwagon
7. (She's) Sexy and 17 - The Stray Cats
8. You’re the One that I Want - Grease soundtrack
9. Summer of ‘69 - Bryan Adams
10. Caught Up in You - .38 Special
11. Footloose - Kenny Loggins
12. My Best Friend’s Girl - The Cars
13. Don’t Stop Believin’ - Journey
14. Let’s Go Crazy - Prince
15. Livin’ After Midnight - Judas Priest
16. Our Love - Krokus
17. Boys of Summer - Don Henley
18. Whisper to a Scream - Icicle Works
19. Don’t You Forget About Me - Simple Minds
20. Jose Cuervo - The Crue at Six Flags
21. That’s What Friends Are For - The Crue at Six Flags

Oh ... the horror. Let me say first that I'm from San Antonio, yo, and we loves our heavy metal - hence, #s 15 and 16. But Grease, Footloose, and Wham? I don't have the time to explain my way around those, so whatever.

Trust me, the gals are going to love it. Almost as much as they're going to love the DVDs I made them of our senior dance team banquet slideshow. Yeah - most of us were on the "Top Cats," the crown jewel of the whole Cougarette spirit organization, and we literally kicked ass, man. This post could only be made more painful to write and read if I included a picture of me "in uniform," but I really don't think you or I could take it. And fair warning Karla May, if you post one, I'll whip out the flag picture. So bring it on.

2 comments:

Badger said...

Omigawd. I'm having a BAD acid flashback right now.

-Badger, class of '84

P.S. I'm sure you'll have a blast, though!

Karla May said...

Pretty damn good concoction. I can't believe there's no Duran Duran on there though...