July 23, 2006

Yeah, Mommy - You'll be 40 in two years!

That's what Peach told me this morning when I said that turning 38 wasn't so bad, based on the pre-celebration we had last night. After much anticipation and planning on the part of T-Bone and The Shorties, I was blindfolded and literally driven in circles to my surprise birthday dinner destination - which turned out to be Chuy's. Yum. Ugh. I have eaten more in the last two days than I have in the last two months. Seriously. T-Bone's parents and brother and sister-in-law joined us for the feast, which was followed by a Baskin Robbins ice cream cake. Sure, why not?! I was serenaded for the second time in a week, thanks to my crazy mother and her attempt to embarrass me at dinner last weekend at another gut-busting feast. I haven't seen Peach this excited about a surprise since she chose a pink dress shirt and matching pink tie for T-Bone for Christmas. I have the cutest pictures of her watching him open them.

Speaking of presents, I am the proud new owner of my own MP3 player, which came adorned in a cute pink rubbery jacket thingy. And T-Bone surprised me further with tickets to see the Dixie Chicks in October. Here's the map he included that shows where the seats are:

He's had the tickets since a super secret presale in May and said it was so hard not to tell me about them. How cute is that. And if you want cute, check out the cutest birthday card ever, complete with 38 candles:

Today, the actual day of my birth, we started out with breakfast at Jim's, followed by more groaning and button popping, and, this afternoon, I skipped off to see "The Devil Wears Prada" all by my own self. THEN, I treated myself to four adorable patio chairs that I'm praying will hold the weight of my ever-expanding ass. Fat and happy. That's me.

4 comments:

Sinda said...

Happy Birthday! That sounds like a marvelous way to celebrate.

Mmmm, Chuys - one of those places I haven't visited since Jesse's been out of town, because I can't go there and not have a margarita, and I can't have a margarita while I'm driving the kids, so...no Chuys. Will have to remedy that soon!

Badger said...

Hey you! Happy (belated?) birthday! I'll be 40 in two MONTHS. So yeah.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm so jealous of your seats for the Dixie Chicks. That will rock! I'm seeing them this Friday, but our seats blow.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!

As for the fat and happy, I have always said that I'd rather be fat and happy, than skinny and starving.