October 29, 2006

What a difference a week makes

Last week at this time, I was literally one bony arm's length from Mick Jagger, and this week, I'm up to my eyeballs in laundry, grocery bags, and cleaning products. My, how the mighty rock and roll queen has morphed back into suburban housefrau.

Following my triumphant return from Vegas last Sunday, T-Bone and I immediately made the trek to Zilker Park to see The Rolling Stones and company. And, boy oh boy, did those old coots deliver. Again. This was my fifth time to see them, and it was not only the best Stones show I've ever seen, but the second or third best show I've ever seen ever EVER. And I've seen a shitload of rock shows, y'all. The best part was when they came out to an auxiliary stage in the middle of the crowd for a few songs - the stage T-Bone and I had strategically camped out right friggin' next to. In fact, we were dangerously close to becoming one with the fence surrounding the stage. But I'm a big girl. I hung in there. And it was so SO worth it. They sang four songs, and if I had gotten up on my tippytoes, I could have grabbed any one of those tiny Brits and put him in my pocket. I actually got a little choked up for a minute there because the joke is always, "We've got to see them again because you never know how much longer Keef will be around." And this time, he really almost WASN'T around, courtesy of that freaky head injury. They are still SO awesome, yo, and to see every wrinkle so up close and personal was way cool. I told T-Bone that we may have to quit going to concerts because we've had such great seats the last few we've been to, we're getting totally spoiled. Seriously. Unless Chris Robinson comes to my home, to my bedroom, to play the next time he's in town, I really don't think anything else could top the last time I saw him. So too with the Stones now. I know. It's only rock and roll. But (say it with me now) I like it, like it. Yes, I do.

Coming back to reality, which I actually love even more than my rock and roll fantasy life (aww), let's look at what I did this weekend: Peach performed with her dance class at one school carnival, played in her first basketball game for this season, went to her own school carnival, and went to the obligatory birthday party. There were many loads of laundry and trips to the grocery store, Target, and the mall. Basically, lots of driving. After tomorrow's basketball practice, I will have been to WAYA three times in the last three days. I think I should get a free membership for that. Or at least a friggin' parking place.

3 comments:

Me said...

One of my fondest memories is being taken to see the Stones when I was 12. By my mother. I was raised in a very cool, very liberal home. It was an awesome show in the Astrodome! And a humorous part- before the show started, a scantily-clad (and not attractive) woman walked about 20 feet in front of us, holding up a baggie and screaming, "HASH! I'VE GOT HASH!"

p.s. I wanna hear about your Jetta and the Asian guy.

EVRX said...

co:

regarding stones post, peter and i were right near there! we loved it too and basked in the afterglow for several days. i also told him about you and tbone taking me home from the dallas show and making up all those funny headlines for the next day's paper. i think statesman ran something like "stones and austin spend great night together." cheers, e

EVRX said...

co:

regarding stones post, peter and i were right near there! we loved it too and basked in the afterglow for several days. i also told him about you and tbone taking me home from the dallas show and making up all those funny headlines for the next day's paper. i think statesman ran something like "stones and austin spend great night together." cheers, e