October 3, 2006

Lord, deliver me from stupid people

I hate stupid questions. HATE them. And I hate people who work in customer service positions who have shitty attitudes. All the time. Not just having a bad day, but having a bad personality. So imagine my joy in the drive-thru at the credit union this morning:

LT: (ring call button)
Teller: (from video screen) Can I help you?
LT: Hi. Can I get -
Teller: Ma'am, I can't hear you. You're going to have to speak up.
LT: (louder, and a little annoyed) Can I get a deposit slip? There aren't any -
Teller: Ma'am, there are deposit slips in the box.
LT: (punchy) But there aren't any in there. It's empty.
Teller: Well, did you look?
LT: (simmering) Y-eee-sss. It's empty.
Teller: And there weren't any in there?
LT: (flat-out bitchy) No! That's why I'm asking for one.
Teller: Well, we got new ones.
LT: (WTF?) O-kaaay.
Teller: (sigh) I guess I'll send one out.
LT: Well, don't hurt yourself. (okay, so that was after she shut off the camera, but still).

Is it me? It's her, right?

3 comments:

Karla May said...

As a former credit union drive thru employee, I think you owe it to your former profession to report this little minx to the Credit Union Gods and let them tear her asunder.

Yes, it's her.

Word verification: xslve
Ex-slave?

Unknown said...

It is definately her! I am so with you on this one. When your job is to HELP people would it really be too much to ask that you HELP me and not act like I am totally interupting your day? I worked at a drug store when I was a lot younger and my boss would get upset when we wouldn't get a lot of the "other work" (facing shelves, filling product, cleaning, ect) done. My friend and I would laugh and be like, "Yeah, if it wasn't for the annoying customers, work would be so much easier!" The sad thing is is that we were kidding, other people seem to take that seriously and not give a rats butt about the customer.

LawMommy said...

Her. SO SO MOST DEFINITELY HER.

Gretchen