October 26, 2006

Sin City Part II

Why, yes - that is a picture of the all-Little People tribute band, Tiny Kiss. But no, I didn't get the pleasure of seeing them live in Las Vegas because M and T weren't quite up to it. Especially after I dragged them to the free Big Elvis show. The guy is legendary, and he is very BIG, indeed. It was packed, and sort of sad, so we left after only two songs, which he performed while sitting in a very homemade-wood shop project-looking "throne." The best part was when two other BIG, as in tall, Elvises (Elvi?) came in to wish Big Elvis good luck before the show. They were GIANT Elvi, y'all. One was dressed in the standard issue Eagle jumpsuit, and the other was in the full-on black kar-a-TAY outfit with the tiger on the back. Sweet. Jumpsuit pulled a wad of cash out of his zip-up ankleboot to pay for their drinks because his fly outfit apparently did not have pockets. Or much support for his nether-regions. Yikes.

M was game for the live Price is Right show at Bally's, so she and I headed over there Saturday afternoon with high hopes of getting to come on down. Alas, we didn't get called, but the show was hilarious, mostly because it was hosted by this guy, who was CLEARLY loaded and openly hostile to the contestants and the announcer. He was slurring the whole time and probably questioning his many career missteps. I did get my picture made afterwards with him and the rest of the cast, but, alas, because I took a throw-down, throwaway camera instead of my new kickass camera, all of my pictures are completely grainy and nearly indecipherable. Sorry, folks. M and I did, however, manage to score three of these:

We got the last ones! Whew!

For you foodies out there, we ate dinner Friday night at Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill, and, can I just say, YUM. That was by far the priciest meal we had, but da-yum, it was delish. And although we were fat and happy after that, we managed to stay awake, change clothes, even, and hit Forty Deuce for a girly show. Yes, we are just that trendy. I have an affinity for girly things, such as this ashtray, which is just like one my granddaddy had next to the bed to keep his change and nugget ring in:

So I loved this club. It was really small and WAY crowded, so we didn't stay all that long. Just long enough to marvel at the girls' beautiful, silicone-free dancer bods and adorable burlesque costumes and moves. If I looked like that, well, I just might be twirling my own tassels right about now ...

All in all, we had an awesome trip. Vegas is such a weirdass place, and I'm so glad I got to take my own weird ass there with two of my favorite girls. Thanks, y'all, and I can't wait til next year. Helio Vasquez lives!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that sounds like FUNNNNN. You know how to have a good time. AND bring back stories...not everything needs to stay in Vegas, people.

:) Welcome back.