October 1, 2006

Happy Birthday to Olive

Today marks the third anniversary of Olive's birth, when she came bursting into this world with a dark brown mohawk and the eyes and skin to match. A mere fifteen minutes after my epidural finally kicked in, by the way. We celebrated this momentous occasion today with a movie (ehh), lunch (yum), and ice cream cake (drool). Everyone hung in there fairly well, despite a three hour fashion show at home last night, an early morning, and no nap.

After the opening of the presents, there was a bit of a scuffle over the new throwdown doll stroller, Olive actually being the snatcher for once, and when Peach came to me in tears to report the theft, I mentally kicked myself repeatedly for not buying two of the damn things to begin with. Even with my current (un)employment situation, I think I could have swung the seven bucks. That said, I went to Olive to have the sharing toys talk, and she responded with, "But it's not her birthday, Mommy." Ah yes, the old birthday defense. Had she not been wearing every one of the Little Mermaid Happy Meal accessories I got her on eBay, I may have been able to keep a straight face. But, no. After I recovered, she did give up the stroller and apologize to Peach, saying, "I'm sorry I took MY stroller from you, Sissy." Think it's time for the passive aggressive talk?

We rounded out the day with the obligatory trip to Cabela's with my dad. Next weekend is the GGMS fall family campout, so I came home with a new big ass tent, some freeze-dried ice cream sandwiches, and a 40 lb. bag of deer corn. Life is good, my friends. Life is good.

1 comment:

Badger said...

Happy birthday, Olive!!