September 14, 2006

Because I'm the Perfect Mother

That's why I feel like I need a badge and the authority to ticket or imprison other "mothers" when I see them doing stupid things. Like today, for instance. While stopped at a light, I saw little chubby hands rising up from the back seat of the car in front of me, clutching and squeezing a huge balloon and clearly bringing said balloon down to a little mouth full of tiny sharp teeth, perfect for popping said balloon in said little mouth. "Mama" was too busy eating up front to notice that her child was thisclose to landing her on CPS's shit list.

But at least she had the child strapped into his carseat for his possible journey to The Hereafter. Which is more than I can say for the woman I saw driving with her toddler in her lap, with his head hanging out the window, while she drove her stick-shift piece of crap with her other hand. The one with the fucking CAST on it.

1 comment:

Me said...

I have actually honked and yelled at people who didn't have their kids buckled up.

Poor kids with dumbfuck parents. God help 'em.