April 9, 2008

Playing Ketchup

So the last week has flown by, my dears. When we last spoke, I was heading out to the pastures of Warrenton and Round Top for the spring shows. Lawsy, do I love the smell of antiques in the morning ... Except for the fact that it was friggin' freezing on Friday, with gale force winds and intermittent rain showers. Boo. Actually, though, that was probably a good thing because I was able to help my sistacuzin spend plenty of her money that day, so I can only imagine if the weather had been at all pleasant. And after two days of tire-kicking, I was quite satisfied with a plate for my travel collection and the mo$t incredible lampshade from Arles for Mama Turista.

Saturday, I took a detour through Smithville on the way home, hoping to catch a glimpse of him or her or even one of them on the set of his new flick. I did find the set, and probably could have stalked my way into the open and unguarded wardrobe truck, but I had things to do, places to be, beers to drink, so I beat it back home. That night, as has been mentioned here and here, I was one of the lucky passengers on a fabulous birthday booze cruise, during which I had some of the bubbly and some of the contraband (but oh-so-chilly) Heinekens snuck aboard the local Miller distributor's party barge. Sorry dudes, neither less filling, nor tasting great to this gal. Anywho, it was so fun celebrating someone else's 40th birthday, it actually gave me hope that it can be a much less than dreadful experience. Because really, it's a helluva lot better than the alternative, and what can we do about it anyway. So. Bring. It.

Sunday was a flurry of yardwork and prepwork for the literacy event I chaired for Olive's school Monday and Tuesday. Let me just say, if you're the Super Supreme Chair of the Overall Committee, and I'm the Lowly Peon Chair for the Smaller Event Committee, please don't tell me over and over again how you want me to "run with it" and "be creative" because you're "SO NOT a micromanager" and then bombard me with emails and phone calls requesting "deliverables" from our volunteers and "face to faces(?)" with our committee members and whatever other bullshit buzzwords you learned in business school because then you come off looking kinda bitchy and control freaky AND you make my modem blow the fuck up and cut off all communication with my blog-reading minions. Not cool.

No comments: