April 16, 2008

I Love Wednesdays

Like today:
  • Take Peach to school, with Olive as my co-pilot
  • Go to post office, credit union, and grocery store
  • Make three beds
  • Do four loads of laundry (whites, darks, colors, PINKS)
  • Unload dishwasher from last night
  • Tape off bathroom for painting tomorrow
  • Organize and price stuff for garage sale Saturday
  • Lunch
  • Reading "lessons" with Olive
  • Weed bluebonnets and front flowerbeds
  • Find TWO GD snakeskins in flowerbeds and flee
  • Pick up Peach from school
  • Pay good arm and leg for tank of gas
  • Move every licking stick of shit in the garage and sweep
  • Busy work - phone calls, emails, bills, school forms
  • Bathe two dirty birds
  • Shower off my ownself
  • Dinner

And now I'm here, talking to you people. I realize it's all very exciting, but I feel like I got a lot accomplished, especially since I'm essentially working with one arm and a neck that can only turn to the right. Yes, a mere month after six weeks of physical therapy, my shoulder has completely crapped out on me again, and I really think I might just pull my arm out of the socket and beat someone over the head with it. Probably someone at Blue Cross, as I wait in breathless (because it hurts too GD much to breathe) anticipation for someone to bestow upon me the golden ticket of an orthopedic referral.

P.S. I saw an awesome play Friday night, and at one point, the two male leads came prancing out on stage, buttnekkid, the both of them, with bouquets of balloons tied to their fishing poles. A little awkward since I was there with my BIL.

1 comment:

hotpinksox said...

Your Wednesday sounds wonderful. I want a day like that.