June 28, 2006

What's The Name of That Song?

Even though I very nearly drove myself insane completing Karla May's concert meme in my Freebird posts, I will gladly give props to my homegirl Bookhart and the awesome song meme she created. I did, however, have to limit myself to naming the first songs that came to mind or I would have finished about the time I finally finish reading the Bible from start to finish without stopping.

Song I Loathe to Core of My Being - We Built This City - Starship
Musical Artist I Loathe to Core of My Being - Eminem
Rolling Stones Song I Love - Wild Horses
Beatles Song I Love - Here Comes the Sun
Who Song I Love - My Generation
Reggae Song I Love - Redemption Song - Bob Marley
Country Song I Love - Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain - Willie Nelson
Movie Soundtrack I Love - Grease
Musical Soundtrack I Love - Smokey Joe's Cafe
Cover Song I Love - Landslide - The Dixie Chicks
Contemporary Top-40 Artist I Secretly Love - Taylor Hicks
Song That Brings Me to Tears - Missing - Bruce Springsteen
Song That Makes Me Shake My Ass - Hey Ya! - Outkast
Classical Composer I Love - Tchaikovsky
Rap/Hip-Hop Song I Love - King of Rock - Run DMC
70s Disco Song I Love - Boogie Shoes - KC and the Sunshine Band
70s Supergroup Song I Love - Up on Cripple Creek - The Band
Metal Song I Love - Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin
NewWave Song I Love - Man with the 4-way Hips - Tom Tom Club
Soul/R&B Song I Love - Living for the City - Stevie Wonder
Power Ballad I Love - Love Song - Tesla
Pre 1950s Song I Love - A Tisket, A Tasket - Ella Fitzgerald
Punk-ish Song I Love - Blister in the Sun - Violent Femmes
Singer/writer Song I Love - Angel from Montgomery - John Prine
MTV Video I Love - She Talks to Angels - The Black Crowes
None of the Above Song I Love - Love Me Tender - Elvis Presley

I gotta get an iPod.

4 comments:

Karla May said...

I thought you HATED "Immigrant Song."

And Hells Yeah to the Tesla prop.

Taylor Hicks? Really?!

I've known you for a long time, but I always learn something new.

La Turista said...

No no no, dude. You're thinking of the story I told you about my friend Sammy. His older bros used to lock him in the closet and play "Immigrant Song" over and over while he cried.

And yes, I am a card-carrying member of the Soul Patrol. Sue me.

Karla May said...

We come from the land of the ice and snow,
From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.
The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands,
To fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming!

Karla said...

I feel strangely turned on by those lyrics right now, Karla May.....