June 14, 2006

The Girls of Summer

We're about one month into summer here at Casa de Bone, and what a whirlwind it's been already. Olive has had a lovely past few weeks scooting between swim lessons, dance class, and Gymboree, and Peach spent a week with each set of grandparents, all on her own. T-Bone's mom taught school for 25 years, so they always do lots of puppet shows, arts and crafts, and educational games. My mom is an interior designer and owns a store, so she usually takes Peach to work with her a few times where they wile away the hours making flower arrangements and helping people pick out paint colors, fabric, and accessories for their homes. Which probably explains this. For the next two weeks, Peach will be in swim lessons and going to two half-day camps. One week is Art Camp, and one week is Girls Only Science Camp. Finally! The girls get a chance to blow stuff up! We've been to Fiesta Texas and the Frio River; we've seen Over the Hedge and Cars. And we had what I'm praying will be some precious pictures taken by this gal. Whew ...

As for me, I had a complete emotional breakdown watching my baby graduate from Kindergarten, broke my toe, was the victim of a crime, and only lost 7 of the 50 pounds I need to lose by my GD high school reunion in August. And I'm turning 38 next month. Shit.

1 comment:

Bookhart said...

I finally decided that it was OK to go to my HS reunion fat, as long as I was happy.

And it worked.