May 3, 2006

Kewt 'n Kuddlee Kidz Korrall

I hate it when child care centers and preschools have cutesy, corny names - and if they have any spelling or grammatical errors in the name, I think they should be immediately shut down or at least severely fined by state authorities. I mean really, you're supposed to be a "learning" center, and yet you make flagrant misuse of apostrophes and the letters K and Z at every turn just because you stupidly think it looks cute? I HATE that!

I drive by one of these joints everyday - A Kidz Haven - and I can't decide if the name or the nasty taco wagon permanently parked out front offends me more. Poor kidz. But it got me thinking, and so, a quick perusal of the Yellow Pages bore these results:

The Cutesy:

All Aboard Daycare
Baby Land Daycare
Beautiful Babies and Toddlers Learning Center
Candy Cane Nursery School
Gingerbread House Nursery and Kindergarten
Jelly Bean Haven
Ruby's Precious Gems
School of Blooming Flowers
Sunshine's Fun Time
Three Bears Child Care Center

The Krazee:

Just Bee Kid's Inc.
Just Bee Kidz Two (yep - two different locations, two different whack spellings)
Kiddie Korner Child Care Center
Kid's Kottage
Kid'z Kountry (!!!)
Kidz & Kompany Playschool and Daycare
Kountry Pumpkin Daycare

The Littles:

Lil Angels Daycare
Lil' Darlings Daycare
Lil Super Quail Center ( I checked this twice - it is a daycare)
Little Bunnies Learning Center
Little Dudes Learning Center
Little Folks Nursery
Little Lamb Child Care Center
Little Munchkins Learning Center
Little Pee Wee's Child Care and Learning Center
Little Rascals Learning Center

The Creepy:

Baby Love Child Care
Edward's World
God's Little Miracles
Heavenly Bundles Daycare
House of Little Angels
Lil Anointed Angels
Margaret's Touch of Care
Tender Mercies Learning Center
Tiny Feet Daycare
Visiting Angels

And my personal favorite - no joke - Loose Screws Child Care. Say that again after saying, "And where does your child go to daycare?"

3 comments:

verniciousknids said...

I read "School of Blooming Flowers" as "booming"!

Karla May said...

"Anointed"? In a business title? God.

I wanna send the Geej to "Uncle Crusty's Kidz Krib" or "Big Momma's House."

I know you were just peeing your pants when you were reading these.

Also? I hate "Kountry" with a "K" as in "Kountry Kupbord" and shit like that. Drives me Krazee.

Bookhart said...

Something about Jelly Bean Haven gives me the shivers. Think about all the candy they probably put out!

W.B. loathes the Kidz Haven--the "z" drives him crazy. He just doesn't understand why they spelled it wrong on purpose. And that taco stand is scary.