May 15, 2006

And About That Other Thing

You know, the job situation/full-blown career crisis? Today is the last day of my severance period, and I haven't found: a) a job; b) a direction; or c) a dead rich uncle, all of which send me searching for change in the couch cushions and car seats at this point. Actually, it took me almost a year and a half to find my last job, so three months isn't too bad - right? And because of the whole having-to-find-and-pay-for-care-for-Olive issue, we've decided to suck it up for now, and I'll just try to find something that works around me staying here with her for another year, after which - gasp! - she'll be off to preschool at least three mornings a week, and I'll have more time available to dazzle the legal community with my BFA, my JD, and a steaming pile of BS.

No comments: