February 22, 2006

7 days out (of work)

So, I've been officially out of work for 7 days now. Since I've known for a while that the end was near, I was really getting used to the idea - in theory, at least. But I don't think it's totally hit me yet. I feel like my cases are just piling up like usual, waiting to converge on me at about 9 pm Thursday night and hold me captive straight through to my deadline at 10 pm Saturday night. That was the usual routine.

But this past week has been different. Blissfully different. I hosted a kick ass game night Thursday and a perfect birthday party Saturday. I took a quick trip to Houston Sunday and Monday. And Friday was one of the best days I've had since I started working for LawNerds four years ago. We picked Peach up from school, and the whole lot of us went to see "Curious George" for Olive's first ever trip to the movies. Then we went to pick up the birthday cake, which Peach hadn't seen since I ordered it without her. She about lost her mind when she saw that it was one of those with a Barbie-ish doll body on the top and her skirt as the cake. The fun continued when we decided to stop and eat dinner before going home. T-Bone and I sat there, holding hands across the table, cracking up at the lively "conversation" the girls were having while they rocked out to the oldies blaring throughout the place. It was a great day.

So now LawNerds wants this computer back, and I have to swear on my mother's life not to compete with them for the rest of mine. As if. I have amassed the largest amount of useless, outdated legal information that only the dorkiest of book lawyers or the biggest ass-kissing 1L trying to get on law journal would ever even bother to look for it, so, I think I'm cool. Plus, I don't even know that I want to be a lawyer, but I would play one on TV.

No comments: