January 7, 2009

So Far, So Good.

In the first seven days of this new year, here's what I've done:
  • Rang in Aught Nine at home with T-Bone, Peach, and Olive. And Bob and David. And Jack and Kyle. And Little Ricky.
  • Dismantled a shit ton of Christmas decor and frou frou and voila.
  • Had a nice, quiet day - alone - at The Job on Friday.
  • Had 27 conversations about blue paper with my legal assistant at The Job on Tuesday.
  • Paid 600 clams (actual giant clams) to get T-Bone's ride (The Bandit) fixed.
  • Watched the Horns beat the Popeyes. Fiesta, indeed!
  • Donated blood for the first time evah AND signed up to be a marrow donor.
  • Finally wore down my boss to the point that he agreed to let me cut back to 30 hours a week, starting (fingers crossed, red tape be damned) next month. And I narrowly avoided Ponytail and her GD sign-up sheet for January Goody Day. Serenity now ...

And you?

2 comments:

Sinda said...

2009 is clearly going to be YOUR YEAR!

hotpinksox said...

I just wanted to says thanks for donating blood and signing up to be a bone marrow donor. I have a blood disease, and I could need bone marrow sometime in the future. (So far I have been very lucky and I do not need one. Thank god.) Chances are you many never be asked to donate your bone marrow. But I always thank those to sign up because one day they could help someone in need. So thank you again.