January 23, 2009

40.5*

Today is mi hermano's birthday, which means it is my half-birthday. We are exactly four and a half years apart, both born on a Tuesday even. How did I celebrate being halfway through the Big 4-0? By taking a sick day from The Job, seeing as yesterday I was quite sure the right side of my face was going to explode from all the pressure in my noggin. I love a good headcold, don't you? Especially when it moves down into my chest and causes those righteous from-the-toes coughing fits. I'm really looking forward to that part, but for now, this:
  • I had a woman come to the door today selling "art." Door-to-door. Well, I say "art" because she had a giant portfolio containing what I assume were sketches or prints or whatever, a bag of unidentifiable shit, and a gargoyle statue. As soon as she started in on her song-and-dance, I just said, "No. I'm sick." and shut the door. And then she skipped away.
  • Peach and Olive came home today singing "We Shall Overcome" - in Hindi. I heart Montessori.
  • I'm not ashamed to admit that I've recently caught myself - several times - singing Beyonce's "Single Ladies". I love that GD song. So there.
  • Lost is the best show in the history of the world. EVER.
  • "I" have been nominated for an Oscar. For reals.
  • My car is so filthy. Could you detail it for me?
  • I'm hungry.

* This post brought to you by Tylenol Cough and Cold. Lots of it.

3 comments:

Badger said...

Aw dude, I hope you feel better. And MY car is so filthy that random strangers have taken to drawing pictures on my dirty windows with (one assumes) their fingers. I shit thee not. Happened at HEB the other day. At least it was a smiley face and not something rude, yo.

Anonymous said...

I still can't believe you didn't want some of my awesome artwork.

Karla May said...

I had to download the Beyonce song last week b/c I couldn't get it out of my fookin' head. I have now listened to it approximately 7,693 times, and STILL it haunts me!!

And I'm sick too, so YAY!!