December 29, 2008

Post Christmas Post

Oh what a time we had. Christmas went off without a hitch, and that night, we had about 30 people crammed into my kitchen, feasting on tamales and my award-winning chili (Really, there's a bigass silver bowl with my name engraved on it in the trophy case in my - wait for it - sorority house! Zeta Tau Alcohol, y'all! WHOO!). At one point, we had everybody here, from 20 month old Opie to 90 years young Abuelita Turista, so, Circle of Life and all that. It was fun.

We spent the weekend near Houston with our bruthacuzzins and their new wee kitten, and now we're in full on prep mode for Peach's (9th) birthday tomorrow. And our (11th) anniversary the day after that. And a whole New Year the day after that. I forsee lots of calories in my immediate future.

See, if it weren't for the non-stop action we've got going on around here pretty much from October 1 on, I would be one of those post-holiday blues people. It makes me sad to have to take down all my pretties, etc., but lucky for me, right about the time I've got everything put away, I'm staring down the next most wonderful time of the year - Awards Show Season!

Right now, though, I have to go outside and kick some delinquent ass - your no-good nephew and his heathen gang are shooting off fireworks over the creek next to mi casa. It's only the 29th, dipshits.

2 comments:

Badger said...

Yeah, well your boyfriend has been over here shooting off fireworks EVERY SINGLE NIGHT since Christmas Eve, yo. If he doesn't knock that shit off, I'm going to put Everclear in the gas tank of his El Camino. AGAIN.

Happy birthday Peach! And Happy Anniversary to you and your old man!

Karla May said...

Happy Anniversary you crazy kids!!