December 2, 2008

Goodbye, Sleep. Hello, Grind.

Man, it’s hard to get back into The Swing after a few days off. Especially when it’s chilly in the mornings, and you just want to be the cheese in the middle of a Snoozing Children Sandwich. Toasted, of course. I say being responsible stinks.

But oh what a wonderful break we had. T-Bone stayed with las ninas while I brought home the bacon on Wednesday. Thursday, we had the perfect Thanksgiving dinner for four, and Friday was Operation Decoration/OMG-we-have-a lot-of-ornaments-palooza. I ran out of steam before I got to the tippy tip top of the tree, but I’ll throw something up there before this weekend. Everything else inside was already done, and Sunday, T-Bone and I tried to do the outside stuff until the galeforce winds finally got the better of us. But I’m not giving up – there WILL be light.

Saturday, we spent the day "in the country" with my sistacuzin and her boys. They have a little house in a nearby antique mecca, and we hauled ourselves up there to play games, make s’mores, and throw stuff in the burnpile. Fire good! At one point, a small faction stole away to this awesome spot, and who should be holding the door for us when we got there? Frank! I recognized him right away, what with the Santa Claus beard and the fairly creepy way he said, "My pleeeeeasure" when I thanked him for holding the door. Quick! Grab the children before he tries to paint chickens or wine ephemera on them! Or distracts them with an "art" project made with spray paint, broken mirrors, and MDF! That guy.

So now we’re in a holding pattern for the rest of the week. Peach has her holiday dance performance this weekend, and I have my annual ornament throwdown on Sunday. Then NEXT week, next Thursday, to be exact, we jet off on our super secret surprise trip to … aww, wouldn’t you love to know? Stay tuned!

No comments: