March 6, 2008

Dewey Cheatem & Howe

Normally, I try to avoid and discourage forwaded and/or lawyer jokes, but it's cold and rainy outside, and this made me laugh:

Warning Signs that You Need a New Lawyer:
  • You met him in prison
  • The sign in front of his office says, "Practicing Law Since 2:25"
  • At your initial consulation, he tries to sell you Amway
  • When the prosecutors see who your lawyer is, they high-five each other
  • He picks the jury by playing "duck-duck-goose"
  • He asks a hostile witness to "pull my finger"
  • He keeps yelling, "I call Jack Daniels to the stand!" and drinks a shot
  • He keeps citing the case of Godzilla v. Mothra
  • When he says, "Your Honor," he makes air quotes
  • When his objections are overruled, he tells the judge, "Whatever."

I'm pretty sure I graduated with that guy. And he was already disbarred two years later. Idiot.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

To anybody who says lawyer jokes are cliches, I say OBJECTION!

Dumb joke. I like dumb and lawyer jokes.