January 31, 2007

This Powdered Wig is Making Me Itch

As some of you may remember, I'm sort of at a career crossroads at the moment. While I still dream of becoming the female version of this guy, my fresh-outta-law school idealism has faded somewhat since childbirth. I made the decision to quit a job that I loved to stay home with Peach and later took a job that I hated so I could work from home and be with Olive. And I'm so glad I did both those things. But now that I have the opportunity to get back "in the game," I'm faced with a whole new set of variables in the family/work balancing act that so many of you are familiar with, too. I still want to fight the good fight (really, I do), but you've got to be WAY in it to win it, and after having spent the last four years with my head in a book (or database, as it were), I'm not sure I've got any hustle left in me. And I can't imagine giving up so much of the time I've been able to spend with Peach and Olive the past six years. BUT, there are such things as a mortgage and student loans and, oh, I don't know, college educations for my children, so I gotta do SOMEthing soon. Just what, I haven't figured out. I mean, do I even want to be a lawyer when I grow up? Hmmm ...

But rest assured, my friends. While I ponder this dilemma, I leave you in the very capable hands of one of my esteemed legal brethren.

He is legit, by the way. I checked. And please tell me you read the DWI facts.

2 comments:

Bookhart said...

Too weird. Another friend, completely unknown by you or any other friends in common, also mailed me that link a few days ago. I forwarded it along to a mutual friend because I didn't see a wedding ring on him and thought she might be interested.

Anonymous said...

Holy shit. It's either Janet's hats or this dude's cards...

:-)