February 15, 2006

Uncle

OK - I give. I will blog with you. Fair warning, though - it's not going to be pretty. I have no idea how to set links, post pictures, or any of that other fancy stuff, and I'll be surprised if this post actually shows up where it's supposed to be since I tried this once before, and I still can't get to my original blog. So, I'm very wary. But seeing that, as of tomorrow, I will be gainfully UNemployed, I think I might have some time to figure this out.

Yes, after 4 plus years of working from home for LawNerds (a crafty code name), the Project from Hell I was assigned to has come to an end. And believe me, I ain't too choked up about it. I've always compared the work itself to the first year of law school, which I've always compared to that scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark where Indiana Jones is trying to outrun that huge boulder, and he's okay if he just keeps running and stays ahead of it. Yeah, it was a lot like that. Neverending, completely mind-numbing busywork that made my life incredibly stressful as I tried to shove 30 hours of work into two days in order to meet my Saturday night deadline. Every weekend. For over 4 years. The only saving grace, and the only reason I took the job, was that I was able to stay at home with my first and now second kiddo. And I didn't have to be in a cube next to the jackass that emailed me the Funny Pet Picture of the Week. Every week. For over 4 years.

So, later LawNerds - I'm a stay-at-home blogger now. At least until I figure out what I want to be when I grow up.

No comments: