January 12, 2007

Name that Tune

I love listening to this radio show every Thursday morning. The old-timer host is adorable and very knowledgeable, if not a little inept when it comes to actually playing music without any technical difficulties. Yesterday, he cued up the wrong song twice and swore that "his monkey must have pushed the wrong button." When it happened for the third time in about 15 minutes, he sputtered, "WHUT in the cat hair?" I like that.

In other music news, while shopping at Nordstrom's today, I found myself humming along to a strangely familiar tune being played by the in-store pianist. When he got to the chorus, it hit me - it was these local heroes' Big Hit. Followed, of course, by a seamless transition into "The Letter." Weird.

We're off to the Alamo City for a weekend with Mama Turista. Papa Turista is in Panama (as in, canal) for a few days, and when I told him to tell Diamond Dave I said hi, he replied, "Who is that? Some kind of a punk rocker?" Who the hell knows anymore.

Have a rockin' weekend, y'all! Whooo!

3 comments:

Badger said...

OMG, that picture is hilarious. Remember when men were allowed to have chest hair? Good times.

Anonymous said...

Yes yes -- chest hair and bumble bee pants... heh heh...

Hope Todo Touristas are having a dandy time in SA

Anonymous said...

Make him stop.