June 3, 2008

I'm Meeelllllting

Guess what? It's HOT outside. Like, my plants are literally smoking they are burning up so bad, especially the ones that get full-on west sun laser rays of death every afternoon. It's pitiful. I really think I might get some of these or maybe one of these.

Guess what else? Tomorrow is Peach's last day of school - half-day, actually. After the GGMS annual year-end drum circle/hootenanny, I'm taking her for a "lady lunch" at the restaurant of her choice (I'd bet on Italian), and then we're off to find her some new shoes because guess what else what else? My baby girl can pretty much wear a Ladies 7. So if Prince told her to act her age, not her shoe size? It would pretty much be the same thing. When did this happen?! I was still trying to digest the fact that when we last bought several pairs of shoes at once, she measured a Kids 3, which the salesperson told us was equal to a Ladies 5. Who wears that, BTW? Miniature ladies? Anywho, after noticing that both of her big toes were constantly red, I asked her if her shoes hurt and she said, "Well, kind of." And when I asked her which shoes hurt, she said, "Well, all of them, except maybe the flipflops. But my heels get scratched up when I wear those because they hang off the back." I am the worst mother on the planet.

Meanwhile, Olive is living it up in Sand and Stoneio with Mama Turista. This is her first her solo trip, and the only thing she was worried about was she could only stay four days instead of ten. They went shopping today, and when MT was having trouble finding some shirts for our trip to Colorado, Olive looked up from her dressing room duties of putting everything back on the hanger, lest anything should touch the floor or go unbuttoned or unzipped, and said, "MT. I think I know what the pwobwem is. It's those big cantaloupes you have there." Then she gave 'em a good squeeze for emphasis.

Two more days of The Packing and The Locking Down of the House and The Flooding of the Yard, and then we're off to the Land of Lows in the 20s and Highs in the 60s. With a touch of the Altitude Headaches, but who cares?!

No comments: