June 17, 2008

The First 48

We've been home for nearly two days now, and so far, all I've done is four loads of laundry, had an MRI on my gimpy neck/shoulder, and had my face poked with a hot needle at the dermatologist (and yes, it did feel just as lovely as it sounds). Results on the MRI will be in next week, but I am just so glad to get it over with - I could have very easily talked myself into losing my shit when I was put in "the tube," but I just closed my eyes and thought happy, happy, shallow breathing thoughts. And sweated like a mofo. My annual skin check went well, although a mole on my leg that we've sliced up before is coming back, requiring the potato peeler routine next time, so I've got that to look forward to. We've gone to the grocery store and the credit union, and, I think, we've talked the cat back down off the ledge in her cray-zee mind (She hates it when we leave. Specifically, she hates it when T-Bone leaves.). I've gone through the mail, the emails, and the phone messages, and I've almost caught up on my blog reading. Finally, I tossed a couple of plants that have been reduced to ash as of late, and I've administered last rites to the front yard. Scorched earth, indeed.

Trip report to follow - now with celebrity sightings!

No comments: