February 1, 2008

The Year of Blogging Sporadically

Five posts in all of January? Pathetic. I don't know what's been in the blogosphere water lately, but I know many folks around here are dealing with mild to severe cases of lack-of-inspiration-itis, and I think I caught it, too. Blah.

I will tell you this, though: I remembered the other day, while watching Peach and Olive devour a bottle of banana milk (their self-selected "treat" from the grocery store last weekend - eww), that I used to love stuff like that. Like, I loved Laverne DeFazio so much, and I always wondered what milk and Pepsi would taste like, but my parents hated Pepsi, so all we had was Coke, and I thought that would taste different, so I was screwed, right? Wrong. I had the BRIGHT idea of combining milk and ... Big Red, the super sweet, super carbonated, born-in-Texas red drink that we always had on hand, thanks to my dad's incredible sweet tooth. I LOVED it. And sometimes, I thought it wasn't quite sweet enough, so I would add Strawberry Nesquik, too - heaping spoonfuls! It's a wonder I have any teeth left in my head at all.

No comments: