February 21, 2008

I Believe The Children Are Our Future

Recently, Peach and her cronies at GGMS had a biology lesson and were invited to dissect squid. This being Montessori after all, the teachers then gathered everyone to discuss their feelings regarding the exercise, and many admitted they were nervous or sad or grossed out or whatever. When the teachers asked if anyone was looking forward to dissecting a squid, Peach's arm shot up and she exclaimed, "I am! Because I'm going to be a doctor!" Afterwards, she told me all about how she took out the lens and the beak and the ink sac and wrote her name with the ink. Okaaay.

In addition, Olive informed me yesterday that her future career plans include: horse trainer/large animal vet; housekeeper; and "running the carousel." How all of this works into their plans for one to work at Mouse World and one at Mouse Land and visiting each other back and forth, I have no idea. But for now, please meet my children: the doctor and the carny.

1 comment:

Karla May said...

Makes total sense: The doctor can treat the carney's victims--ride- and/or meth-related.

I keed! I KEED!!