October 5, 2007

Nutcracker, Indeed.

I swear, if I was a guy, this Nutcracker biz would be, literally, breaking my balls right about now. Every few days, I get another email, with LOTS of exclamation points and LOTS of ALL CAPS, reminding us all, yet again, that this is a non-profit company, and the success of this production depends on our efforts in fundraising, and so where is your GD ticket money for the silent auction, and why haven't you given us 20 names of those near and dear to you so we can hit them up for sponsorships, and if this all goes to hell in a handbasket, it will be YOUR fault, breaking the hearts of many little girls and ruining their ballet dreams forever. And for the record, I HAVE turned in my GD ticket money and contacted potential sponsors on my own and bought an ad for the program AND volunteered to help with the silent auction, so BACK OFF. Seriously, it's getting pretty hostile over there. Meanwhile, Peach is having the time of her life, and T-Bone and I have been taking turns making the long trek to the studio every weekend. So, it's all (mostly) good.

You know what else is good? I made flight reservations for our anniversary trip! Celebrating 10 years, y'all - amazing how time flies. I told T-Bone a long time ago that I thought he was either easily impressed or easily amused, and I still haven't figured out which it is. I'm just so looking forward to spending a few days with him in one of my favorite cities on the planet, which happens to be just a short plane ride away. Bonus points if you can guess where we're going ...

No comments: