October 10, 2007

I Can't Imagine WHERE She Gets It

I took Olive to the doctor today for her 4 year old well check, and when asked what her favorite food was, she said, "Sandwiches." Umm - what? She has a sandwich like once a week, maybe, so I'm not sure where that came from. Kinda like that time in college I ran into an old friend, and when she asked me what I had been up to, I said, "Oh - the usual. Ya know, school ... tennis. Wait. Did I just say tennis? Because I haven't played tennis in like 10 years." No idea where that came from.

We made it through the appointment completely unscathed until The Shots. Both of mine have always been champs when it comes to The Shots. We always discuss The Shots and why we have to get them and that, yes, they hurt for a second, but then it goes away, and everybody has to get shots, even Mommy, etc.. That has always eased the pain somewhat, as it did today, with just a minimum of whimpering (from both of us, ahem) after each of The (three) Shots. THEN, we got ready to check out, and Olive informed me that neither her freshly punctured legs nor her right arm were working. I had already said I would carry her to the car because, really, pumping that stuff into tiny little bodies does hurt, but when I went to pick her up, she went completely stiff and took the shape of either a 37 lb. starfish or this, minus the penguin and the umbrella. So that was fun, especially getting her in the booster seat. And I'm so paranoid that the more she said her arm and legs didn't work, the more I started to think, "Wait. Maybe they really DON'T work! Oh my God! Should I try to suck the vaccine out like a snake bite?!" Really, THAT paranoid.

Anywho, by the time we got home, her legs were miraculously functioning again, but her arm was pretty sore - mostly because she had been holding it straight out in front of her for the better part of 30 minutes. Even still, it's amazing what a little liedown on the couch, with your favorite blanket and Toy Story 2, can do. So, hysterical paralysis crisis over.

Now for the Good News/Bad News portion of this post. Good News: Wayne "The Pain(ful to look at)" Newton got voted off DWTS last night. Yeah, I watch it. Bad News: Mark "The Boob(an)" Cuban is still hanging on, which means I have to fast forward every time his fugly mug is onscreen. I hate that mofo. Go Spurs Go!

No comments: