May 10, 2007

Grateful Thursday

Taking a page from the Book of Hollow Squirrel, here are some things I'm grateful for on this lovely Thursday:

  • That Olive and I got to spend the day with the delectable Opie.
  • That I didn't hit the crazy guy RUNNING in and out of traffic in the right lane of I-35 on our way home this afternoon.
  • That I managed to avoid slamming into the wall in the left lane of I-35 after I apparently ran over whatever the hell it was the crazy guy was after.
  • That I didn't trash my rim as I continued to drive on my blown out and completely shredded back tire.
  • That one of the 40 bajillion truckers on that highway to hell saw my dilemma and literally put me in the rocking chair until I got to the next exit and could get off that evil road.
  • That T-Bone was at his desk when I called and that he could leave to pick up Peach from school.
  • That we have AAA.
  • That my knight in shining tow truck, Arturo, showed up not 20 minutes after I called AAA.
  • That Arturo was wearing a substantial belt with his denim shorts because, believe me, after The Crack Show I witnessed, I shudder to think what the view might have been without it.
  • That my battered ride had come to rest at a Shell station not 10 minutes out of town, about 15 minutes from my house and a Discount Tire place.
  • That Discount Tire takes credit cards.
  • That Olive slept through the whole thing. Just like in that commercial.
  • That I didn't cry until I got home.

3 comments:

Badger said...

Holy shit, dude. I'm glad you guys are okay!

I HATE days like that.

Sinda said...

That's a horrible day indeed. I hope today was better, and hey, it's Mother' Day - you'll get something good out of that, right?

Bookhart said...

Oh you poor thing. That is WAY too much excitement to have with a child in the car.

Would you believe that my word verification is actually the word "onion"? Oh wait, it's "orion." Damn these glasses! Yet it is also a word.