May 2, 2007

Baby Talk

There's been a lot of baby talk around here lately what with the birth of Opie, to be followed this fall by another bundle of joy courtesy of my other SIL, and the impending birth this summer of Peach's favorite teacher's first baby. Both Peach and Olive have been all about the babies in their tummies, when they were babies in my tummy, when T-Bone and I were babies, yadda yadda yadda. Thankfully, Peach hasn't really gone beyond that babies start out as "microscopic cells," and Olive seems satisfied with whatever that means to her. But it's still pretty comical:

P: I have a girl baby in my tummy.
O: I have a boy baby in my tummy.
P: Wait. No, I don't know what kind of baby I'm having.
O: I have a boy baby in my tummy.
P: No, I don't want to know. I want to be surprised. I like to be surprised. Just like with my lunchbox.
O: (pause) Mommy, I'm hungry.

No comments: