April 24, 2007

Tia Turista Esta En La Casa!

After 22 hours of labor, and one tiny hit of Demerol, my SIL gave birth to my nephew this morning. Bless her heart. I was at the hospital with her yesterday, hoping our little cowpoke would show before I had to pick up Peach from school, but he apparently had other plans until about 4 am this morning. The little stinker.

According to my brother, the labor was "very painful" - really?! - and the baby has a really cute forehead. Hmmm. He tipped the scales at 8.5 lbs and stretched out to 21 inches long. We grow 'em big around here. Peach and Olive are so excited to meet their new "brutha cuzzin," I'm sure we'll be making a trip to see him this week. I canNOT believe my brother is a dad ...

3 comments:

Me said...

Felicidades, tia!

-Eileen :)

Anonymous said...

YAY! Happy aunthood to you & all the best to your new nephew & his parents!!

Cute forehead? lol.

Isabel said...

I love how your brother was all "it was painful"...yeah, we know.

Congrats to the little family.