April 15, 2007

Super Nanny

So, Friday night, I had the immense pleasure of tending to the darling Geej, with Peach and Olive acting as my very capable assistants. Peach and I picked her up from school, and on our way to the house, we made a quick stop for SNOWCONES! Yum! As a true connoisseur, I have to say this new-to-me shaved ice place down the street did a pretty sweet (yuk yuk) job, and the Geej agreed. No one can beat my raspa gal up north, but it's a long way back to the old hood, especially when you're jonesing. And let me just take a moment to sing the praises of The Rainbow Snowcone. Why oh why settle for just one flavor when you can get three different shots of sugary goodness? I get The Rainbow EVERY time, EVERY place. No question. Moving on ...

Once we got to the house, we hit the playroom hard for about an hour, where much tending to the babies and stuffed animals ensued. There was also a quick princess fashion show before everybody hit the tub for a BUBBLE BATH! Yea! Next up, dinner - followed by CANDY! Weee! Then ... TWO episodes of DORA! Arriba! Finally, there was some reading, some music, several trips to the potty, several cups of water, and lots of giggling - and at last, all three of my charges were snoozing peacefully.
Rather pleased with myself when Karla May showed up later to claim the Geej, I was eager to show off my handiwork. At which point, the Geej was nowhere to be found. She was not in bed with Peach. She was not in bed with Olive. And she was definitely not on The Secret Bed on the floor in between them. Upon closer inspection, we saw this:

And then, this:

I'm available most weekends, for little or no cost, I was CPR certified in 7th grade, and I have great references.

2 comments:

Karla May said...

I am once again laughing as hard as I did when we first happened upon this. Holy cow. THAT'S comedy.

By the way, the next day when I asked her, "What kind of snowcone did you eat?" she informed me, "You don't EAT them, you DRINK them." Man, am I ever a dumbass.

Thanks again. She had a blast.

Anonymous said...

Are you available this Saturday evening? She was alive, wasn't she? Then you're an excellent sitter in my book...