April 14, 2009

Everything Has Its Season*

And so it begins. Peach is auditioning for her first musical this weekend. Oh. My. Stars.

Truth be told, I brought it up to her because she happens to love the show, knows all the songs, and has been itching to test her vocal prowess for some time now. That said, she ain’t no Broadway Baby – thank Jeebus – and would thoroughly enjoy being one of the many nameless townspeople who sweep on and off the stage throughout the show. She understands that not everyone gets a part and that the audition itself is a great learning experience, yada yada yada. But of course, the drama geek in ME hopes she totally kicks the asses of all those nose-singing, jazz hands-flashing, over-emoting junior “triple threats” that will undoubtedly be there. So we’ll see how it all shakes out.

We had a great Easter, starting Friday with a two-hour walk around the lake, picnic, and snowcone (rainbow, natch). Saturday, my parents came, and we dyed eggs, hunted eggs, and ate eggs. Repeat. Sunday, after cooing over The Baskets, we beat the rain to Mass and then beat the crowd to Threadgill’s for brunch. Later, T-Bone and I spent five hours staring at the garage ceiling as we installed some storage shelves above the garage door. Holy hell, my neck still hurts – but my garage? She is beautiful! One more Hyloft, and she’ll be as fine-tuned as possible. Assuming, of course, we’ve installed them right, and I don’t come home to find that the weight of my BigAss Christmas tree up there has caused the ceiling to cave in. Fingers crossed.

* Pretend I found a clip of the brilliant bit about Corner of the Sky (Most. Annoying. Audition. Song. EVAH.) that Judy Gold used to do back in the day. Then pretend I embedded it here.

No comments: