April 10, 2009

Easy Peasy

Peach and Olive are so easy to please. Take last night, for instance, when Peach came bounding into my bedroom:

P: Mommy, can I have a privilege? Can I pleeeeease have a privilege?
LT: What do you mean by "privilege?"
P: Well, at school when we do something like help a friend or do a great work, we get a privilege like eating lunch outside or being first in line for the library.
LT: Yes, that's right. But I mean what are you asking me for, specifically?
P: (wringing her hands) Can I please wear one of your t-shirts to bed? And Olive, too?

That's it. That's all she wanted. They think it's so crazeee that I wear t-shirts and pj pants to bed, they want to do it, too. When I said yes, you would have thought I told her we were moving to Mouseworld. She covered me with kisses and took off, shouting, "Olive! She said yes! She said we could do it!" And from somewhere upstairs, I heard a faint "Woo hoo!"

I'm pretty easy to please, too. Like, I could just watch this clip a jillion times and be happy as a clam.

Happy Easter, y'all.

No comments: