October 18, 2008

It’s The Christmas Tree’s Fault

So says my aching body after 12 hours of moving furniture. See, I had to move the couch and two chairs and two tables and two entertainment centers and two TVs and a bunch of miscellaneous crapola today because with the previous configuration in my quaint little living room, where-oh-where would Der Tannenbaum go? Two months from now? See?

I’d be lying if I told you that that was the first time I made a design decision, at the risk of life, limb, my sanity, and, possibly, my marriage, based on the placement of the Christmas tree. One of the selling points (for me) of our floor plan was all the windows in the living room, all the better for viewing the Christmas tree. Hell, back in the day, I even passed on rental property because there just wasn’t a good place for the Christmas tree. And many is the time I have arranged other people’s furniture (even if just in my mind) based on outlet location and maximum "TaDA" potential for the Christmas tree. Really. Many times.

And so it was today that I couldn’t fight the urge any longer and decided to strap an armoire to my back and carry it upstairs. Yeah. I decided a while ago that we could do with one TV in the house (shocking, I know) and thereby rid ourselves of the smaller entertainment center and old school (read: heavy as shit) tube TV from the gameroom and replace them with the bigger entertainment center and BigAss TV from the living room. Now, it’s all over but the tweaking (which really never ends), and la familia, even sweet T-Bone, thinks it looks great. And my lovely couch in the living room is thanking me already for prolonging its not-exactly-stain-resistant life. So, it’s all worth it.

A more substantive post when I can muster up the grey matter ...

1 comment:

Karla May said...

Girl, you done lost your damn mind.