January 17, 2008

Presto Change-o

Actually, not exactly presto, but definitely change-o. The Great Living Room Makeover of 2008 is now complete! Ever since we built this house over 2 years ago, the plan was to someday get a new, bigger couch, maybe some chairs, maybe a rug, or whatever to change up the living room. See, I'm a big fan of COLORES en la casa, but I wanted to do the living room in neutrals, even though some would say that I'm taking my sanity into my own hands by putting light-colored upholstery anywhere near anyone under the age of 35. Well, screw 'em cuz I did it.

Over the last year or so, I've been collecting the pieces to the puzzle, bit by bit. First the wood and wicker chairs, then new fabric for the ottoman/coffee table, then the jute rug, then a new tablecloth and pillows. I was satisfied with that for the time being since, due to The Great TV Debacle of 2007, when our small couch got moved upstairs to the gameroom, I had reconfigured the room with just the two chairs, the ottoman, and a table. But then we got the new Big Ass TV downstairs, and for extended viewing, the chairs weren't nearly as comfy as a couch, and that GD Pottery Barn catalog kept showing up in my mailbox, taunting me, and so now here we are. Yes - it turns out that not only did I get my awesome vacuum for Christmas, I got this, too:


It came yesterday, and I almost slept on it last night I love it so. It's hard to tell in the picture, but it's a brown and off-white ticking, and it's quite deep. Our living room isn't that big, and the piano takes up a good bit of one end of it (I have plans for that, too ... someday), but something about all the neutrals in there now makes it seem bigger. Anywho, I'm pleased as punch. Which will not be allowed in this house until I Scotchguard the shit out of the new couch.

No comments: