July 28, 2008

They're Already Planning a 25 Year

We voted on it. While listening to the Chief of Police's band. Yes, we're back from the Land of Sheep and Cotton, and I can report that T-Bone's reunion was actually pretty fun - and funny. There were three events over the weekend, so it felt kind of like when you're in a wedding, and every time you turn around, you have to get dressed up and go eat somewhere. Which I hate. But I know several of his friends, so it wasn't like I was ever left stranded without anyone to talk to. They also had an awesome continuous slideshow of awful 80s fashions and hair (hellyeah, T-Bone had the West Texas Mullet), and there were the requisite pictures of wacky school pranks and illicit keg parties. And one picture of The Pregnant Girl. Umm ... yeah. I asked T-Bone who she was, and he DIDN'T know. How do you NOT know The Pregnant Girl in high school? Whatever. And while I didn't have time to craft my own long-lost classmate character to portray, there were plenty of real characters to observe and read about in the class directory.

Ahh, the class directory - the source of hours of entertainment already, I will cherish it always. Former Bobcats (or 'Cats, if you wanna be cool about it) were asked to submit their standard contact information, spouse, kids, etc., and then, should they feel so compelled, answer the question: What have I been doing these last 20 years? And then the floodgates opened, y'all. Now I'm not sure if they understood that this was going to be printed and passed out to several hundred people or they thought no one would read it or they just consider a high school class reunion directory to be the appropriate place to confess their sins and air their very dirty laundry and bizarre personal histories, but I enjoyed the HELL out of it. Here are but a few gems (as printed) I culled for your reading pleasure:

What have I been doing these last 20 years?
  • Lovin' the Horns, hunting, and NASCAR
  • After missing my actual graduation by one credit, I joined Job Corps in New Mexico ... moved home, and then, like an ignoramus, moved back to New Mexico, where I learned first hand what gang life was all about.
  • Staying at home has been the equivalent of poking my eyes out every day, but I would not trade it for the world ... My boys certainly know who RUSH and Kansas are!
  • Makin Babies! LOL! ... At a [semi-pro] hockey game, I met my soul mate and love of my life. Dammit if he didn't get me pregnant 4 more times! I never thought in a million years I'd have this many kid's! LOL!
  • I have a four year old cat named Royal and he is fabulous!
  • Hi everone! Writing this wasn't all that easy, but here it is ... My son is a handsome, gifted boy. I married his father 2 times, but we just can't seem to make it work, so life moves right along ... I have a very special friend in my life. He is a farmer and farms about 4000 acres of crops which are oats, wheat, onions, cotton, maze, and Mexican fan palm trees ... I had forgotten how great a man could treat me and make me feel so special.
  • I have had my peaks and valleys, but in general I have been happily enjoying life ... I've made some good decisions, bad decisions. Some I regret, but mostly, I see them as the path that has led me to where I am. And I am o.k. with that.
  • A little bit of everything, and a lot of nothing ... I was married, but that would take too long to talk about now.
  • I own a brake place and still work at Pizza Hut (been there 16 years).
  • I have a daughter, which has pretty much stopped me from going out all the time. Now just been working as photo manager at Walgreen's ... Hopefully will go on a cruise for my 40th birthday and meet the man of my dreams! [even though she listed a spouse in her contact info]

Also, lots of professional bios written in the third person, some very complicated, and extremely detailed, marital histories, and a few outright lonely hearts ads, complete with turn ons and turn offs. This shit is SO right up my alley. Laughing too hard to type anymore ...

3 comments:

Jaye Joseph said...

God I love that kind of stuff. I used to love reading my mom's alumni magazines for that very reason. I didn't even know these people and I'd read every update. I'm fascinated by all the stuff people will put out there.

LawMommy said...

Um...so, if I'm reading this correctly, the one chick met the love of her life AND got pregnant at a (semi)-pro-hockey game? (I'm taking this by inferring that she got pregnant four MORE times that he got her pregnant the first time at the hockey game?)

I think it would be kind of, um, COLD, to get pregnant at a (semi)pro-hockey game.

Bookhart said...

Pod got one of these at his high school reunion--it must be one of the things that goes along with a big Texas high school. I found his hilarious too.