July 25, 2008

There Will Be Singing

I went to see Mama Mia! with a gaggle of gals last night, including the lovely Karla May and the lovely Jaye, and the soundtrack of my youth has been on continuous play in my head ever since. KM and I had seen the Broadway show some years ago, and we loved it, but it seems Miss Jaye was not quite prepared for the "musical" component of this cinematic masterpiece, so nearly two hours of fits of laughter and tears later, I was glad to see she made it through the thing. I was worried there for a minute, honestly. For those of you who are similarly untouched by the stage version, be warned: There will be singing. Copious amounts of singing. In places where you would least expect it. By people who you are not used to seeing or, God love Pierce Brosnan, hearing "sing." So get ready.

In other news, we're off today for T-Bone's 20th high school reunion. So for those of you keeping score, yes, I married a younger man. Sixteen months younger, and he never tires of the old "age before beauty" gag as he opens the door for me. My standard reply is always, "Yeah, that's funny. Every time." And then we go about our business. Anyway, I can't decide how I want to play this thing - straight or try to convince people that I went to school with them and they just don't remember me. We'll see what kind of mood I'm in once we get there.

Also, I made my boob squishing appointment. Any tits? I mean, tips?

1 comment:

Jaye Joseph said...

I was not prepared for that level of singing, and definitely NOT Pierce Brosnon singing.

I think I was expecting more Chicago, and less...um...Pierce Brosnon singing.

Still, it was a really fun movie, and guess what I'm listening to now?