May 30, 2008

White or Wheat?

As an aficionado of raspas, I can tell you the best places to indulge throughout the city. Same with breakfast tacos. That said, I've noticed a number of "new" trailers/food carts cropping up all over town, and I am terribly intrigued by the whole movement. Alongside the myriad taco wagons and snowcone stands, you can find a variety of fare that you might not have ever considered purchasing from a place on wheels. Sure, maybe the coffee place isn't that out there (or tasteful), but how about the cupcake place (which is great, BTW)? Or the Vietnamese sandwich place? Or, my favorite, the crepe place, around the corner from GGMS? Really!

Who'd thunk it? Not me, but how can I get in on it? Me, who doesn't really cook, per se? Or own a trailer (yet)? I've racked my brain, and I think I've come up with a fabulou$ idea that is easy, cheap, and, most important, easy. Ready? TOAST. Brilliant, I know. See, I'm going to convert this old horse trailer I've seen abandoned down the street, throw in a couple of bigass toasters from the restaurant supply place, buy a truckful of bread from Costco (you didn't think I was going to actually bake it, did you?), find a shady (fingers crossed!) spot in that holy roller church parking lot over there, call the thing Toast of the Town, and just sit back and count my money. I can't lose!

But, unfortunately, my Spurs did lose last night. Not quite ready to talk about it yet, other than to say Go EAST Go.

1 comment:

hotpinksox said...

I love the sandwich place!