December 25, 2007

Feliz Navidad, Y'all

And how are YOU this fine morning? Did you get everything you wanted? T-Bone and I don't give each other gifts but it seems that every year, right around Christmas, we have some sort of emergency and NEED something big, like the ever popular tires I've gotten for two or three Christmases. This year, I thought it was going to be a toilet, but instead, I got a new vacuum. Wheee! Of all the cleaning jobs, vacuuming is my Zen, so I am actually pretty excited to test it out.

Santa did quite well for las ninas, as was evident by their insisting on immediately getting every toy out of its box (and requisite labyrinth of plastic ties and wires. Seriously! I just feel sorry for the person who has THAT job) and reading every book upon opening them. I won't bore you with the complete rundown, but I can say the dollhouse and furniture were a huge hit, especially with Peach (as expected), and Olive couldn't be happier with her gooseneck horse trailer. Just what every good horsewoman needs, right?

Now that the dust has settled, my parents are ROCKIN' out to my mom's new Celine Dion concert DVD (there is something so wrong with the whitest woman in the world belting out, "I Wish," but whatever. They love her.). Peach and Olive are busy creating a world where Polly Pocket and Barbie can live in peace and harmony, and T-Bone is prepping for Tamale Fest '07 tonight. Me? I think I'm gonna do like Barbie do, as styled by Peach:


Blessings to you and yours!

No comments: