March 21, 2007

Damn You, Target

I was only going in for bread and lightbulbs. That's it. So how is it that I left with four bags of crap totaling over $100? You do this to me EVERY time. I try to be strong, I try to stick to my list, but you tempt me and tease me with your bright lights and snappy merchandising. And how do you ALWAYS talk me into buying at least two of everything? Do you really care that much about me or are you just preying on my compulsive nature? I'm so confused. Your giant red logo pulls me in like a magnet, and I am helpless. I know it's wrong, I do. But no matter how much I fight it, I keep coming back for more. Because I love you, dammit. Even though you never even call me afterwards, you greedy bastard. Until next time ...

2 comments:

Badger said...

Dude, I feel your pain. I have finally figured out the secret to getting out of there for under $50 (not much under, but still) -- DO NOT, under any circumstances, get a cart when you go in. If you can't carry it in your arms, you can't buy it.

Works for me.

About half the time.

Karla May said...

I was meeting my mom at the Target on 620 this weekend to pick up your goddaughter, and she was running about 10 mins. late, so I decided to in to browse. I came out--no shit--10 minutes and $104 later.

I swear they pipe something in through the A/C system.