August 5, 2008

I Am An Official Cougar

So the planets aligned in just such a way that I was at Target yesterday and spotted a lone Wii Fit, sitting in its little locked case, calling to me to spring it. I've been tempted before, and for the past couple of months, Papa Turista has been on one of his hell-bent-for-leather missions to get me one for my birthday. It was really meant to be, you see, because when I called to tell him to call off the dogs, the eagle has landed, and all that, I actually GOT him on the phone - which never happens on the first 30 tries. So I took it as a sign, a $89.99 + tax sign, to buy the GD thing. And so I did, and we hooked it up last night, and my new workout Mii is named - wait for it - Mama Miia. And you know what else? Even though T-Bone and I had nearly identical BMI scores (which I'm sure is not a good thing for one us, probably me, but we were at least in the "normal" category), his Wii Fit age is a full 16 YEARS younger than mine. So at the ripe old Wii age of 43, I have trapped me a 27 year old cub. Or pup. Or yearling or whatever.

Must now return to my Weather Channel vigil as all of Mama Turista's family lives in the Galveston area. I called to check on my grandmother last night, and she told me she had already battened down the hatches and was watching the Teen Choice Awards(!) because that "sweet Little David from The Idol" was going to be on. She's 90. God only knows what else she had to endure before she saw him. And yes, I'm expecting a call any minute so I can confirm for her "just which one of those brothers is named Jonah."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not fair. I want a Wii.

Wah.

LawMommy said...

Have you fallen off a cliff? Surely you have finished those sparkly unicorn hook rug oven mitts by now?

You go, girl, with the cougar thing. :-)