June 23, 2007

Cleaning House

Ok, here's the thing: I think I have Blogging Anxiety Disorder (BAD). Bad. Real bad. I've got all these ideas for posts spinning about my noggin, and I just. can't. get. the words. out. Not enough words for a full post anyway. So now, when I see that "sign in" button up there, I get anxious about spouting forth something entertaining for you. At the moment, I actually dread it even, which stinks because I usually love blogging and am my own best audience. Shit.

So, what say I throw out some of these little nuggets, get them out of my system, and then we can all move on. Sort of a sorbet sampler to clear our collective pallets as it were. Yes? Great. Here goes:
  • I spent last week volunteering at Vacation Bible School for Peach and Olive (I know! Even after all that!), and I am pleased to report that Olive's first school-type experience went off without a hitch. Except for she kept calling it "Information Bible School," but whatever. She keeps asking if it's August yet, as she says she is "ready" to start school, while I am having a complete mental breakdown over the very thought. Luckily, she will be attending the same precious preschool Peach went to for three years, with the same teacher next year and everything, so at least there's that. Sigh.
  • I got quite possibly the worst manicure in my life last week. Now, I've only had probably 10 "professional" manicures ever, as I only stopped biting my fingernails when I was about 20 and have been tending to them myself ever since. It was a total spur of the moment thing at this Korean walk-in place up the street, and the woman ended up cutting my nails into total Gangsta Bitch Squares with super sharp edges and drew blood TWICE just filing them. If I had any balls, I would have just gotten up and left, but she was trying so hard, and she had her mouthy Americanized kids there totally bitching at her, so I sucked it up and let her finish. And then I started thinking about Paula Abdul and her brush with death or whatever and looking at how NOT totally clean the instruments were and thoughtfully considering that if I lost a limb to the raging infection I was surely going to get, at least it would be my left arm. All because I had a wild hair and $15 burning a hole in my pocket.
  • Speaking of Ms. Paula, I am so excited about her trainwreck of a reality show! Good summer fun for the whole family. And what about Scott Baio's pathetic offering? I guess it makes sense - Willie Ames was already on one.
  • I cannot get my mind off the only souvenir I regret not buying on our recent trip. I will now and forever rue that day in Alamosa when I didn't snag the pink Bedazzled trucker hat with the bastardized Jack Daniels logo that said, "All Jacked Up."

See what I mean? To be continued ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are SO my long lost twin sister. I miss you. When can we get together? YOU MUST COME TO BLOGHER I COMMAND THEE.

LawMommy said...

I cannot believe you didn't buy the hat. Pity, really. :-)

Bookhart said...

The little Vietnamese place up the street from me? And therefore just a little further up the street from YOU? $25 pedicure. $8 brow wax. And smells only slightly toxic inside. Kind of the anti-Daya.