March 16, 2010

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

I'm shaving my head tomorrow. On live television. Holy hell.

We've been fundraising for St. Baldrick's, an amazing organization, and the big event is this Saturday. Individuals and teams volunteer to shave their heads to support childhood cancer research, and one of the local organizers contacted us about doing an interview/live shave as a promotion. Ever the drama queen, I said YES, so off it comes tomorrow morning.

Compared to everything else she's been through, losing her hair hasn't really bothered Peach in the slightest. When she first heard that it would happen, not having any experience or even a passing knowledge about cancer, she got a little upset. But when I explained that her hair would grow back, and that Daddy's hair would never grow back, she laughed and hasn't given it a second thought since.

I'm excited to see what it looks like when it grows back - maybe the Shirley Temple ringlets of her babydom. As for mine, I'm confident that the silver mini-fro will be the next big thing in coiffure.

Also, somehow my FOUR year bloggiversary was in February. The hell?

1 comment:

toxomaman said...

So, how did the head shaving go? It will itch as it grows back in....You go, Momma! How is the girl?:)