May 11, 2009

Yes, It Goes Without Saying

I hate cancer.

Last month, we lost a dear friend of the family to lymphoma. Sharon was a vibrant mother and grandmother who literally lit up the room, and she hugged you like she meant it.

Yesterday, one of my oldest school pals lost his beautiful daughter after an 18-month battle with a brain tumor. Bailey was smart as a whip and so funny, and she loved to dance. She was 12.

I know all of us have been touched or, more likely, hurt by cancer, and on a day like today, that just makes me so goddamn mad.

4 comments:

Jaye Joseph said...

It makes me mad too. I'm so sorry.

Karla May said...

Damn. Double damn. I'm so sorry to hear this. I saw a little girl the Geej's age in the store yesterday with her bald chemotherapy head skipping around in a sundress. It punched me right in the gut.

I'm not sure if I know the friend you're referring to, but if so, please send my condolences.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry.

toxomaman said...

Fuck cancer...
It pisses me off every day.
LiveSTRONG!